NSBE MP provides two different levels of programming for the community and its members.
- TORCH Programs which are targeted towards younger students.
- Professional Development Programs which are targeted towards professionals that are just starting or well into their careers.
Technical OutReach and Community Help (T.O.R.C.H.) Programs
NSBE TORCH Programs are designed to encourage students in grades K-12 and college to pursue a career in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) field. This is done though various community outreach events and providing scholarships for graduating high school seniors and collegiate students.
Below are the programs that we offer. Click the program name below to read more information about it.
- E-Day (Engineering Day) At The Park
- Central Alabama NSBE Jr. Chapter
- NSBE MP Scholarship
- Career Day Presentations
- STEM Exhibitions and Presentations
Career Day Presentations
Our members are glad to share the work that we do in our professional careers to the community through career day presentations. Pictured above is the career day presentation at Catoma Elementary in Montgomery, Alabama, that NSBE-MP members did who work for the Alabama Department of Transportation presented information about their careers.
STEM Exhibitions and Presentations
Pictured above is two NSBE-MP members that participated in STEAMfest at Montgomery Academy. NSBE MP was invited to participate to share with students the work that they do.
Professional Development Programs
NSBE Professional Development Programs are designed for professionals that are in their careers to be successful, offer opportunities to grow, and to able to demonstrate their skills as STEM professional. Various events are held throughout the year.
- Monthly Chapter Meetings - meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6 PM CT
- Networking Events
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings and workshops
To find out when these events will happen, follow or like our social media pages nad sign up for our mailing list.